Life After Bankruptcy
Skilled Bankruptcy Lawyer Serving Charlotte, Mecklenburg County & All of North Carolina
If you are unable to keep up with juggling payments, making your monthly mortgage and car payments, and handling other bills, you may be considering filing for bankruptcy. Many people have heard myths, half-truths, and outright falsehoods about what your life will be like after bankruptcy. Creditors, of course, want you to believe the worst.
I am Attorney Rashad Blossom. I have years of experience helping people get a fresh start from the overwhelming burden of consumer debt. I have been in your shoes. I came from a working-class family that struggled making ends meet the same way most middle-class people do. I have seen firsthand how uplifting it can be for a family to know it won’t be indebted to credit card companies forever. I know what it means for a single mother or young father to know that money can be set aside for more useful purposes, rather than paying off a credit card.
Call me to discuss your situation. I will give you the facts about life after bankruptcy, so you can make an informed decision. From offices in Charlotte, I represent individuals and families filing for bankruptcy in communities throughout Mecklenburg County and North Carolina. Call (704) 271-9078 or contact the office by email to arrange a free initial bankruptcy consultation with an experienced bankruptcy attorney today.
Facts to Help Lessen Your Concerns & Worries about Filing for Bankruptcy
- Your house and car: Most people will be able to keep one family car and remain in their home after filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. You can agree to keep making your monthly mortgage payments on time and you can keep the house.
- Your credit rating: Yes, of course, bankruptcy will have a negative impact on your credit rating. I will show you ways you can begin rebuilding your credit rating right away. Many people will qualify for a loan in one year or less. Consider things from the creditor’s perspective: you are a better financial risk now that you are no longer in over your head in debt, juggling payments every month.
- Job prospects: If you are applying for an upper-level executive management position, your prospective employer may choose to review your credit report. For most job postings, however, employers will not review your credit rating and may be restricted from doing so.
- Student loans: You will not be allowed to eliminate student loan debt in a bankruptcy, but you can include your student loans as part of a consolidated repayment plan under Chapter 13. If you are considering taking out additional student loans after bankruptcy, you will probably be restricted to federal guaranteed loans for a few years.
As part of the bankruptcy process, you will be required to participate in a credit counseling class. There is no doubt that you may find yourself living on a cash basis for a year or more following your bankruptcy discharge. During that period of time, you will find ways to budget your income and expenses and enjoy the freedom of being free from debt.
Learn more about bankruptcy on these informational pages:
- Home foreclosure
- Credit card debt and other causes of bankruptcy
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and debt reporting issues
Call an Experienced Charlotte Credit Repair Lawyer Today. Sleep Better Tonight.
For bankruptcy filing services, I offer reasonable fees based on a fair retainer and honest billing policies. Depending upon the circumstances of your case, I accept credit cards for retainer fees and billable services.
My office in Charlotte is open for consultations from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on most weekdays. Evening and weekend appointments may be available by special arrangement. Call or use the convenient email contact form to explain your legal needs and request a return call. I offer a free bankruptcy consultation and will not pressure you to hire me.
Blossom Law PLLC is a debt relief agency. The firm helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
“He has a compassionate heart for helping people.”- Kevin
“Mr. Blossom was phenomenal throughout the entire process.”- Ms. J
“He took care of everything, and I now have no more tax debt. He was the best!!”- Martha